Tuesday 28 May 2013

Mango heaven

Now that the novelty of fresh juicy mangoes being readily available has worn off a little bit* I have been experimenting with ways to cook with mangoes and/or incorporate them into meals. Yesterday when I got in from work I was feeling hot, dusty, thirsty, and very hungry. So I diced up a mango, some onion, tomato, cucumber and hot chilli pepper, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and a generous squeeze of lime, and devoured the plate in about two seconds flat! It was zingy, delicious and refreshing, and sitting here at my desk (feeling a bit peckish) I can't wait to get home and re-create it! 



* but not much! I still love the fact I can walk down the street eating a mango like an apple, either for free or bought from a lady for 10 pence! And this is only just the start of mango season! 

1 comment: