Friday 25 July 2014

Hissing

I think I am becoming a little bit Gambian. For two mornings in a row I have hissed at dogs to alert them of my presence and stop them running out in front of my bike. I still can't bring myself to hiss at human beings though!

In other news, I am eating 'mburru bu fanaan' for breakfast, or 'bread which has spent the night'... in other words - a bit stale. It's also a bit gritty, or sandy. What I would give for a bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon! Ramadan ends after the weekend, and Koriteh will be celebrated. I will be glad to resume normal breakfasts... not that 'normal' will bring me smoked salmon of course! 

2 comments:

  1. A day around Leeds and you will soon start hissing at humans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! This really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete