Thursday 9 August 2012

Feeling a bit more real

Today I had my penultimate injection (final Hep B - final rabies next week) and ordered my anti-malarials. As well as shopping and list making I have started to meet up with people for the last time before I depart, and have started to say my goodbyes.

Today I said goodbye to my friend France Alex. Knowing I possibly won't see her again for two years was a really odd feeling. Despite the fact that we have lived in different countries since we left university, I usually manage to see her at least a couple of times a year. The next few years could prove to be our longest gap yet.

We consoled ourselves with the fact that we can talk through Skype and email, and that this blog will be my way of keeping in touch with friends and family - but there's nothing like a beer with an old friend after work, and a virtual beer just isn't the same!

It's all starting to feel a bit more real now!

No comments:

Post a Comment