Wednesday 6 February 2013

Domestic day

Today I woke up feeling full of cold and crappy, so I decided to rest up and do some of my work from home. I think I am also physically tired after doing a lot of walking over the past few days…  yesterday I realised I had covered at least 16 miles in four days. In addition, my gas cooker crumbled apart yesterday, and I wanted to wait in so that VSO could bring a replacement round for me.

As well as writing up APR notes I have managed to have a domesticated day, making fresh wonjo juice (high in vitamin c and antioxidants apparently) and then some carrot, cardamom and orange soup. I also went out to the cashew fruit bakery and bought some local honey so that I could drink hot honey and lemon. While I was out I called in at the pharmacy to get some paracetamol and throat sweets. When the pharmacist realised I had a cold he gave me some interesting advice… he told me I should avoid drinking cold water!

Teeny tiny butternut squash!
Dried wonjo flowers, jar of soaked flowers ready
for the next batch, and a jug of wonjo juice
Carrot, cardamom and orange soup
(including the tiny butternut squash!) 
Later on I met Nicola, and then a whole group of people who were saying goodbye to another outgoing volunteer, Alex. After some drinks and masses of peanuts at Buba’s place, Nicola Helen and I walked up to Aso Rock to meet John, Jaz and Graeme for dinner. A nice day and evening despite feeling pretty ropey.

Oh and I also found the time to take a pic of my new handbag! 

My new purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment