Thursday 29 November 2012

Final session in Soma

We drove up to the Education office at about 8.45 and had a breakfast of tapalapa and nyebe (beans) before we began the session. Today was a bit different as it was just a final placement evaluation for Helen – we will do the Annual Partnership Review when Ellie leaves.

So, the session was shorter, but still very enjoyable. I have really loved facilitating these meetings and found that I was able to improve and refine my approach as I went along each day.



We wrapped up at about 1pm and headed into Soma to get some lunch – stew and rice at a roadside restaurant.


Once we were fed and watered we set out for our journey home. Ellie joined us for the return trip and it was nice to talk through how the sessions went with her, and talk about the data collection that she was doing for her office. The journey went by really quickly, and I got home at about 5.30. It was fantastic to walk into my nice clean house, and have a long long shower! Being away ‘up country’ was brilliant, I really enjoyed it, learned a lot, and worked hard… but it made me realise that as much as I enjoyed the peace and tranquillity of the bush, I am so happy to live in bustling Bakau! I think I will always be a city girl at heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment