Thursday 22 November 2012

More pictures of home and exercise improvisations!

After work yesterday I walked home and took some photos of the outside of my house.

My place is the apartment at the back -
the balcony is at the side and then to the back of the building.

View of the main road - uncharacteristically quiet! 

The stall under the tree is where I buy my phone and internet credit
and have my sandals fixed.

The stairs leading up to my apartment.

View of the main road from my balcony.
In the mornings I hear the 7 7 horns beeping to attract passengers
and 
van apprentices shouting "Westfield la, Westfield la" as they pick up travellers.
It is from here I take a 7 7 to work if I'm not walking to the VSO office. 

View down the side road that runs next to my place,
taken from the balcony.

View over part of my compound
taken from under the arches of my balcony.
I love seeing the palm trees
when I look out of the windows. 

I then did my exercise DVD – I am getting quite into it now and finding it a good replacement for the gym. I also find it easier to exercise in the privacy of my own home rather than go for a run – not because I get that much hassle when running (in fact perhaps less attention than when I am walking around) but because by the time it’s cool enough outside to go for a run it’s almost dark. Darkness falls very quickly and I don’t fancy running down sandy streets and pot-holey roads in the pitch black!

You are supposed to use hand weights for some of the exercises, which I don’t have. I know that sometimes people improvise with tins of baked beans… but I don’t have these either. So – I found a new use for my watermelon! Half way through the DVD I realised the watermelon was actually quite heavy – and I am definitely feeling it today! Perhaps this is a new fitness craze – watermelon weights. 


1 comment:

  1. Haha... watermelon weights.... not sure I'll be trying this.. I may settle for tins of tomato puree... although I only have one at the mo!! x

    ReplyDelete